[TenTec] re. Converting TH6DXX to 20-17-12m

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re. Converting TH6DXX to 20-17-12m
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:04:04 -0500

>> No TH6DXX here but if you really look at them I believe there
is an
>> aluminum tube covering the traps. That's not only for
protection
>> but becomes a capacitor to create the circuit. You will have
to take
>> that into consideration.  Mike
>
>So, what if I remove the aluminum tube and eliminate that
capacitance ...
>am I closer to a working concept?  DavidC

Not really...The coil covers also provide structural support on
each side of the fiberglass insert and coil form.

Why not just go get an A3WS with 30m add-on and be done with it?

Like anything else that one modifies for a function beyond or
outside it's original intent, you have to keep tinkering with the
darn thing the rest of it's (and your) life to keep it working
like you wanted.  There are too many other things in our lives
eating up our time (like e-mails!!) to be adding more
time-eaters.

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org