[TenTec] Re:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:
From: pinskeep@iglou.com (Peter Inskeep)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:55:07 +0100
John,
Don't breathe fire upon my antenna if I am wrong, but I think that Curtis A
is non-self completing iambic whereas Curtis B is self-completing.  As best
I can describe it, with Curtis A, if you were to send a "c" with your right
hand, the last dot would not be sent if you took your thumb off the dash
paddle before the second dash were completed.  With Curtis b, the second
dot would be sent as long as your thumb was on the paddle at the time the
second dash was started.

To demonstrate the effect, try Curtis A and send cq fairly fast.  The
second dot of the c might be dropped if you pull your thumb off too quick.
With Curtis b, it self-completes.  I think Curtis B is more like Accukeyer
or Super Keyer II timing, which is what I get from my Logikey Co. Keyer.  I
tried the Omni VI Plus keyer and decided it was enough like my Accukeyer
setting on the Logikeyer so that I stuck with the Logikeyer because of its
versatility.

Pete
NO2D