[TenTec] Omni VI Audio Gain Taper

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Audio Gain Taper
From: flor0045@metnet.edu (phil florine)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:43:55
I have an Omni VI, manufacturing date of '94.  Does anyone know the best
way to make the gain more linear across the range of this pot?  I have used
two Omni VIs having the option 3 upgrade and don't remember this being an
issue, but I didn't check their date of manufacture.  A new 6+ I tried has
the linear taper I'd like to have on my rig.

TT told me they don't have a fix for this.  They also told me that the
option 3 upgrade wouldn't change the taper.  I briefly scanned the
schematics for the 6+ and noticed, I believe, some resistor values
different from those on my schematic.

Any help from those with experience in this area is appreciated before I
start digging around on my own.

Also, the pot is getting really noisy in the range where it is used, either
from wear or dirt.  Any experiences here?

Thanks,

Phil, K0UBC