[TenTec] Corsair I questions...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair I questions...
From: s.muldoon@linkeng.com (Steve Muldoon)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:14:04 -0700
Hi to all,
        I am relatively new to the Ten-Tec scene, but I love my Corsair I, and
would like to bounce a few questions out there.  These questions may seem
novice in nature, but I am trying to clarify my understanding.  I admit that I
have not gone deep into trying to diagnose my Corsair, but if someone has any
comments or suggestions that may save me some time when I pull the cover off
and dig in, I would be grateful.
        1. My Corsair digital display flutters 100 to 200 Hz, at a rate of
about 1 to 2 times per second, in the receive mode.  I can not detect a change
in actual received frequency (not that my ear is that good). The same is true
when I use the VFO. I cannot begin to describe how visually annoying this is.
On transmit the frequency display seems to stay rock solid.
        2. What pins do you jump on the back to use the rig without the VFO?
        3. How can you tell if a PTO needs to be rebuilt?

Thanks in advance........                       Steve N8KOM

P.S.  Thanks to all who responded to my questions on the SP-325, I was only
curious, but thanks for the offers and info.

Steve Muldoon  -  Test Engineer - Brake Systems and Materials
Link Testing Laboratories, Inc.   PH.   313.933.4900  FX. 313.933.0710
e-mail: s.muldoon@linkeng.com   website: www.linkeng.com