[TenTec] TEN-TEC Visit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC Visit
From: mmaseda@gte.net (Manuel Maseda)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:58:52 -0400
I had the pleasure this week of visiting TEN-TEC while on vacation with my
family.  Stan and Scott gave me the grand tour.  I was amazed to see just
how much hand workmanship and pride goes into every radio and amp.  Seems
like I was going back in time and visiting a Collins facility during the
60's!  Everyone was so friendly and helpful especially to my 9 year old son
Michael.

It was also interesting to see all of the non-ham related activities that
they are involved in.  I bet they will be around another 30 years from now.
My son and I also recently completed 2 of their receiver kits.  Boy, did
that bring back old Heathkit memories. (except that I think the
documentation from TEN-TEC is far better and my eyes are far worse)  If your
ever in the area you really should make it a point to stop by and visit.

Hats off to Stan and Scott and all of the other wonderful people at TEN-TEC.

Manuel  W4SSB