[TenTec] QRP T-Kits and IC sockets

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP T-Kits and IC sockets
From: Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:20:03 -0400

>this list, I USED SOCKETS at EVERY IC LOCATION!

I think it's a great idea. I wish I had done this since I've had to change
the 386 audio amp already. Yes, one day it just let all the smoke out and
went QRT. I had to squeeze, heat, pick , scrape and gouge for 20 minutes to
get the sucker out. Did I put a socket in after that. No.
D U H.....

Yes those rigs are great! I've got a little drift but nothing like my old
tube junk. I get excellent keying reports. Just be sure you don't hear any
clicks in the speaker when you key. If you do, remove C1. Most of these rigs
have key clicks until that is done.

73
Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ