[TenTec] Chirp Cured

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Chirp Cured
From: FSWF37A@prodigy.com ( JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 11:51:11, -0500
Last week I wrote that I was having trouble with my OMNI VI.
Chirpy signals on 80 and 20M receive....
I called TT and spoke to Don...
He confirmed my suspicion that it was the hetrodyne oscillator.
 I asked why it was changing frequency in discrete steps..
The answer was that the PLL was trying to lock the frequency and
since the oscillator was outside of the correctable range it kept on
trying...
The cure....just tweak the coil on the oscillator until it stopped...

Coil was tweaked and all is well again....

Ten Tec is the best!!!!

Thanks for all the input

73 Jim WB2TPS