[TenTec] RX-320 Receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-320 Receiver
From: heimbach@concentric.net (Karl Heimbach)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:39:33 -0500
Hello gang,

Received my RX-320 this afternoon (took two days UPS ground shipping from
Sevierville to Prairieville, LA).  I connected it to my 160 meter dipole,
computer serial port and 3 inch external speaker, installed the software,
and turned it on.

I've been listening to shortwave for 32 years and have never owned a better
receiver.  It beats the pants off all of my boatanchor gear, including my
Hallicrafters SX-115 and SX-117, National NC-183D, and Collins 75S-3.

It is absolutely the easiest thing I've ever owned to setup and operate.
The software installed correctly the first time without any intervention
from me.  This receiver interface is about as intuitive as you can get.

I've been listening to both broadcasters and ham CW/SSB for the last couple
of hours.  The sensitivity/selectivity and DSP filtering of this box are
absolutely amazing.

For those interested in the computer platform, I'm using a 90 MHz Pentium
clone with 64 megs of memory and Windows NT 4.0.
I  hear no hint of computer noise in the RX-320.

Looks like Ten-Tec has come up with a real winner here.  Count me as
"delighted"!

Karl Heimbach - W5QJ