[TenTec] CW Set-up, Corsair II station

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW Set-up, Corsair II station
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:56:35 -1000

HELP!

UPS just this AM delivered my new-to-me Corsair II along
with the 263 remote VFO and PS/external speaker unit.

But,  the hook up of my AEA Morse Machine,  straight key,
and feed to the 87A linear seems very strange,  at least
what I believe I read in the manual is different from the
way I have had things set up with my previous Kenwood.

Seems you only input from your keys with a phono
plug if you plan to use the internal Ten Tec keyer.  If
not,  then the key goes into an RCA socket plug.

But there is a jumper on the back of the Corsair with an
output from another RCA socket labeled Key Out,  which
is now plugged in to the Key socket.

If I understand the manual,  I am to remove that jumper,  plug
the output of the Morse Machine into the Key socket plug;
then run a jumper from the Key Out plug over to the T/R Relay
input socket on the back of the 87A in order to QSK key
the linear?? The Alpha manual has nothing to say about
QSK keying,  just that that is a feature of the 87A.

Don't want to do that if I am not reading this correctly.  Perhaps
that is only done with Ten Tec's own linears,  and something
else is done when using an Alpha.

I have no intention of ever operating any mode other than CW
with this Corsair II rig.

Someone here know what I am to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

73,  Jim,  KH7M