[TenTec] Re: Logging programs/call database

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Logging programs/call database
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:46:40 -0600
At 10:33 30-09-98 -0700, KQ7J wrote:

>Now that I have this "super duper" computer.  I want to get a very user
>friendly logging program with a few goodies ie cw keyer, call
>databases,etc..
>
>What is the top logging programs and ham call database CD's?

  I would highly recommend LOGic-5 by Dennis WN4AZY.  The program will
control your HF rig if you want; you can send CW from keyboard memories; it
comes with setups for over 50 contests and can be configured for any contest
in the future that is different from those; it's based on FoxPro, a very
powerful database program.

  I've been using LOGic-4 (LOGic-5 is the Win95 version) since 1994, it runs
great under Win95, too.  If you have questions, Dennis answers them in a day
via e-mail or is available on the telephone.  To use the program for
everyday logging and award tracking you won't have many questions, though.
It's as simple or powerful as you care to make it!!

  Here is his web site:

http://www.hosenose.com/logic5/index.html

You can download a demo version of the program.  By the way, it's fully
integrated with all of the callsign CD's.  When you type in a callsign, the
guy's name and QTH automatically get filled in if the CD is in the CD-ROM drive.

  Three of my friends in town have also bought LOGic from Dennis because
it's so slick and does more than any of the other programs we all tested.

73  --  Glenn
Don't pay the ferryman!  Don't even fix a price!  Don't pay
the ferryman until he gets you to the other side.  - Chris DeBurgh -

     AEØQ / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/