[TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contesting and the OMNI-VI+
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A. Calvin)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:27:31 -0500
Yes, I was describing the Omni-VI+.  But in order to clear the RIT/XIT,
you can't just punch the clear button or the RIT and expect them to work.
 Try it.  Key the rig on CW and try to turn off RIT or XIT.  Or, press
the clear button momentarily - it will only work if you hold it down.
Not something you want to have to play with during a contest.    Anyway,
that was my point.  Most other rigs I've used respond immediately - there
is no guessing about whether it did what you wanted (well, except when I
push the wrong button, but we won't go into that!).

        73,  Duane     AC5AA

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:43:18 -0500 "Dale L. Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
writes:

>>The comment about RIT, etc., is that you cannot reset controls
>while in
>>transmit.  I don't like it either, but I put up with it since I
>like so
>>much else about the rig.  You also can't switch quickly to your
>RX
>>frequency while using RIT while transmitting (QSK).
>
>We're talking about the VI PLus, right?  The few times I ever
>turn on the RIT and use it, I have been able to move it back to
>0.00 while transmitting.  It may not be 'quickly' as in
>immediate, but I can do it before the transmission is over.
>

>73,
>dale, kg5u
>

>--

Duane A. Calvin, AC5AA
ac5aa@Juno.com -or- ac5aa@integrityonline6.com
Day:  dacalvin@us.ibm.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]