[TenTec] My cut at the $1200-1400 rig.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My cut at the $1200-1400 rig.
From: enboe@juno.com (Eric N Boe)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 20:06:37 -0700
After seeing so many thoughtful reponses, I felt obligated to give rig
conceptual design a whirl:

Basics:
160-10M
Crystal Synthesized
CW, SSB, Tune
Digital Tuning
Analog Metering
No PS, Tuner, or NB (home use, you know)
1 Antenna Port
A/B VFO's

Advanced Features:
Keypad Input
20 Memories
2.4 & 0.5 KHz Filters Built In (On 1 IF)
5-100W Adjustable On Front Pannel
Voice Monitor
PBT
Split instead of RIT/XIT
Jones Adjustable BW Filter
Manual Notch

New & novel:
A digitized IF output that, when used in conjunction with a  300MHz & up
PC, would allow for advanced DSP that could be reconfigured with the
simple download of new software.  Might as well include the source codes
to encourage algorithm development too.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Eric K0AVW

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]