[TenTec] Delta II digital Display

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II digital Display
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:15:25 -0400
Interesting thread on new radio.  Sound like a Delta II update would be the
ticket.

My question concerns the Delta II Digital Display.  On an otherwise really good
radio this display is driving me crazy.  The backlighting doesn't seem very
bright and I can't seem to find a way to front light the display to see it.  I
understand from TT that the display is not available as a replacement and that
the backlight has a finite life span.  Has anyone played with improving the
display or any suggestions for lighting it?