[TenTec] Omni VI chirp on 80 M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI chirp on 80 M
From: JTBRANNIGAN@prodigy.net (JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 08:59:39 -0400
Dave, Do you have the same problem on 20M? and do you notice it on receive??

If so, the hetrodyne oscillator is too far off frequency for the phase lock
circut to correct...(80 and 20 share the same crystal oscillator)
You'll need to open the rig and tweak the slug tuned coil on the "XTAL OSC.
L.O. MIXER BOARD.." The schematic and photos in the manual show the location
of the coil...
The board is located on the top, left side of the radio...it is in a
shielded box....you will have to take off the top plate to access the L.O.
board...
take your time and label any connectors you remove...

it is easier to do than explain

73, Jim WB2TPS