[TenTec] Omni QSK with Alpha's 87A QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni QSK with Alpha's 87A QSK
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 00:01:55 -0500
Gentlemen,

Years ago, Collins Radio used a technique of specifying the
length
of control/rf cable between the transceiver/transmitter and
amplifier to control the keying sequence of the amplifier's relay
and the readiness of the amp to receive the transmitter rf
signal.

I'm wondering if that technique wouldn't also be a benefit in
the situation where you are T'ing the TX Out between the amp and
the TX EN.  If the TX Out to TX EN cable length is substantially
longer, you may gain a few dozen microseconds (or more??) delay
between the amp and radio keying.

Just a thought....

73,
dale, kg5u