[TenTec] No more Problem with The Solution

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] No more Problem with The Solution
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:33:42 -1000

>You're right Jim.  Something is amiss.
>
>Have you disconnected the "Y" cable and restore your jumper to eliminate
the
>new circuit as the potential problem?  Start there if you haven't already
>done so.  From what I can discern on the schematic, the diode mod should
>have no impact on the Omni's AGC.  What else can you tell us about it?
>
>-Paul, W9AC

Aloha Paul,  Well,  my mistake all around.  It IS working just fine!  In
fact,
makes no difference whether the AGC is ON or OFF,  still get nice QSK
using the Omni and 87.  Not sure what I was doing earlier,  just
screwed up!!  I cried "wolf",  and there was no wolf!

Also checked my CW note/tone on some QSO's this afternoon
using the QSK with the 87A -- got excellent T reports -- no chirp,
thump,  etc.  Specifically asked for critical listening to the note!
So all is well,  now just to enjoy,  hi!

73,  Jim,  KH7M