[TenTec] QRP 40 Meter Kit (1340)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP 40 Meter Kit (1340)
From: k5rov@wcc.net (James Parsons)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:55:04 -0500
I just completed the 1340 40 meter CW transceiver and it went together
easily, and works fine, for the most part. But I do have three problems.
I wonder if anyone else has run into these?

1. The tuning range is 77 Khz. That makes for very, very touchy tuning.

2. When the transmitter section is first keyed, the sidetone increases
in amplitude after a couple of seconds. If it is keyed while sending CW,
you can hear the jumping up and down in strength (not frequency).
However, the R.F. output appears to be clean and stable.

3. When the key is depressed, a click is heard on the sidetone. That
makes for difficult high speed CW.

Thanks and best 73,

Jim, K5ROV

--

James (Jim), Parsons, K5ROV USAF, Ret. 57 yrs a HAM
k5rov@wcc.net  QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL