[TenTec] Hercules I final swap

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules I final swap
From: Steve Ellington" <n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 06:25:40 -0400
Does it have  the beastly 50v power supply? If so, you could use that for
welding when the amp blows. I had a Herc 1. It was a strange duck. Band
changing was done with a ratchet type solinoid switch. It sounded like a
machine gun blast. The 2 fans were very loud. It did look really cool next
to the Omni C. I would say, If it works ok, buy it cheap and use it
carefully. No high swr's, RTTY or AM. Just let it loaf along and it will
probably last for you. MAYBE

73

Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ