[TenTec] RE: (OMNI) Relay disable

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: (OMNI) Relay disable
From: weingaertner@kearfott.com (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 07:42:07 -0500
Yes if you don't need the relay to drive a linear or an
"ON THE AIR" sign (remember those?), it is easy to silence.
I did this in my Corsair I and Paragon. The relay is driven by a
transistor. Using a very small soldering iron to get into the tight
space, solder a jumper from the base of this transistor to ground.
Study the schematic and circuit board layout and you'll find the
right spots to solder to. I did it from the component side of the
board. You can tack a jumper to the resistor that drives the base,
but be sure you connect to the transistor base side of it. If you need
to enable the relay at times, cement a subminiature slide switch to
the side of the relay and route your grounding jumper through it.

Totally silent breakin is a joy on cw and a real pleasure when using
AMTOR or PACTOR. Even SSB VOX is more fun!

                           73,      Bob WB2VUF