[TenTec] Front End Protection

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Front End Protection
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:40:27 -0400
I sure agree with Steve! Now that everyone has successfully proved they
spend more time sending reflector email than they do operating on the ham
bands, and they can copy equations from books to post on the reflectors,
and they know how to perform basic math, CAN WE PLEASE DROP THIS SUBJECT?
Heck, you would think no one on this reflector has ever heard of COMMON
SENSE!!!!

>(snip)
>> If this is such a great idea, then WHY don't those who make ant
>> tuners putta 100K shunt across the ant inputs for precip static
>> reduction?
>
>One highly reputable manufacturer of transceivers DOES protect their
>[transceiver] front ends.   Their name is Ten-Tec!   TT places an RF choke
>across both the AUX and regular antenna jacks of their OMNI VI+.  See my
>earlier posting on this dated 09 October 1998.

>73, Dave, K1FK
>Fort Kent, ME

Chester Alderman
 * Tom - - W4BQF*