[TenTec] RF on SSB signal

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF on SSB signal
From: coates@oceana.net (Harry &Sara Coates)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:12:50 -0400
George, Very interesting!! I have a station like yours. Omni
VI/opt3 and Hercules II with a very similar grounding
system. I'm getting ready to put up new antennas before
winter sets in. As an experiment I cut my 75m dipole back to
make it 3 half waves on 20m.        I also have the W2DU
Balun up there. Didn't change anything else. Bingo, I have
RF on my 20m SSB signal. Switched over to the R5 vertical
and the problem was gone. I know this doesn't help with your
problem, but it may be food for thought.
 GL es '73,           Harry  WA8HC