[TenTec] Re: Want: Ten-Tec Argo (model 556)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Want: Ten-Tec Argo (model 556)
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:45:27 -0600
  Someone wrote:
>>Do not know what you intend to use the ARGO for but I had one and
>>never had many QSO's either CW or SSB.
  <snip>
 KU4QD wrote:
>Thanks for your thoughts.  I do appreciate them, and will give them some
>thought.  I'd also love to hear other people's thoughts on the two rigs.

  I find the Argo-556 to be a very nice QRP rig.  Last fall, in two weekends
totaling 48 hours of operation (ARCI and CWSS contests) I made 1064 CW QSO's
with mine, using only a wire windom antenna between two 45' trees.  I did
swap modules a lot, but with no ill effects.  Since those weekends, I have
made another 220 CW QSO's with the Argo while mobile (using KW Hustler
antennas), and numerous others from my fixed QTH.

  The compact Argo and Jones filter are fun to use..  Swapping the modules a
lot does not seem to hurt the radio or modules.

73  --  Glenn
Don't pay the ferryman!  Don't even fix a price!  Don't pay
the ferryman until he gets you to the other side.  - Chris DeBurgh -

     AEØQ / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/