[TenTec] OMNI VI with INRAD filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI with INRAD filters
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:07:24 -0400
--=====================_1642432==_.ALT

I too, have purchased the INRAD filters and installed them in my Omni 6+. And
like Clark, my ears sure can detect a difference, even though it's not a 'night
and day' difference. I think where these filters (and this superior TenTec Omni
6) is going to shine is in the heavy DX contest. I'm sure they will be put to
good use in the SS contest and the CQ WW DX CW contest. [Clark, you better
stick to 160 mtrs for the CQ WW test, I've already got the 80m single band
WON!!).

At 09:22 PM 10/15/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I forgot to mention why I am operating now, hi hi.  I just
>got the other 400 Hz filter for the 9 MHz IF, so I now have
>a pair of 400 Hz filters and one 250 Hz filter from INRAD
>in my OMNI VI (I also still have the NS 250 Hz filter for
>the 9 MHz IF that has a 500 Hz center freq).  I gotta say
>that they work very well, it is clear even to my naked ears
>that these filters have steeper skirts and lower loss.  I
>am very happy with them.  But, as has been stated before,
>the NS filters from Ten Tec are very good filters (much better
>than the monolithic filters from Japan stock in the Japanese
>rigs by far...) - but these INRAD filters will make some
>real difference to you if you are under extremely difficult
>conditions.  They cost more, too, but well worth it to me
>for the ability to dig out weak ones next to strong ones.
>
>Just waiting for the 160 meter contest!
>
>Clark
>WA3JPG

Chester Alderman
Tom - W4BQF
chestert@pressroom.com

--=====================_1642432==_.ALT

my Omni 6+. And like Clark, my ears sure can detect a difference, even
though it's not a 'night and day' difference. I think where these filters
(and this superior TenTec Omni 6) is going to shine is in the heavy DX
contest. I'm sure they will be put to good use in the SS contest and the
CQ WW DX CW contest. [Clark, you better stick to 160 mtrs for the CQ WW
test, I've already got the 80m single band WON!!).</div>
just</div>
have</div>
for</div>
say</div>