[TenTec] OMNI6+ clock

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI6+ clock
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (Duane Calvin)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:07:23 -0400
Yes, I've had the same problem.  For the first 6 months of its life the clock
ran several minutes slow a week (6-7) which was a little disconcerting, but
then it started keeping time from some dimension outside of earth.  (Hi!)  I
tried turning off the power supply vs. leaving it on and saw no  difference in
time lost.  Finally called the factory and they offered the option of repairing
it under warrantee or sending me the replacement crystal and instructions for
doing it myself.  I opted for the latter but have not performed the minor
surgery due to work commitments.  It looks like it is not a difficult repair,
and one of the techs walked me through the process.  I do need to borrow a
frequency counter to adjust the period to the specified value.  Since I haven't
done the repair yet, I can't vouch that this is the problem.

 73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes