[TenTec] Delta II Operating Characteristics

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II Operating Characteristics
From: km4dt@mindspring.com (Alan Childress)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 02:23:50 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BDFA3E.57AE50C0

I picked up a Delta II recently and I believe it probably needs a good =
once over.  I've got a pretty wide click ever 10 Khz which is most =
noticeable on 14 Mhz. If tuned carefully you can actually hear a tone =
every 10 Khz.  It seems to be related to the second LO.=20
   =20
Also, on 28 Mhz I hear a wandering noise. It sounds like a very unstable =
oscillation that moves up a down the band.  I.E., it will pass through =
the frequency I'm tuned to every once in a while. It's not something =
external since it's present with the antenna disconnected and the =
connector grounded out.  What minor peculiarities are normal on the =
Delta II?

<Alan> KM4DT

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BDFA3E.57AE50C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I picked up a Delta II recently and I believe it probably needs a =
good once=20
over.&nbsp; I've got a pretty wide click ever 10 Khz which is most =
noticeable on=20
14 Mhz. If tuned carefully you can actually hear a tone every 10 =
Khz.&nbsp; It=20
seems to be related to the second LO. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Also, on 28 Mhz I hear a wandering noise. It sounds like a very =
unstable=20
oscillation that moves up a down the band.&nbsp; I.E., it will pass =
through the=20
frequency I'm tuned to every once in a while. It's not something =
external since=20
it's present with the antenna disconnected and the connector grounded =
out.&nbsp;=20
What minor peculiarities are normal on the Delta II?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;Alan&gt; KM4DT<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01BDFA3E.57AE50C0--