[TenTec] 301 Advice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 301 Advice
From: John & Annette Nicholson" <dx@netbridge.net (John & Annette Nicholson)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:09:31 -0800
Hi Paul,

The circuit is a simple one! Just one transistor, a 2N4400 or
equivalent. Basically, you make up a cable with a male db25
connector on one end and a 2 conductor key plug on the other end.

Transistor connections to the male db25 connector end:

The emitter goes to pin 1.
The base goes to a 1K resistor (in series) and then on to pin 17.
Pin 18 goes to the ground side of the cable going to the key plug.

The collector goes to the center conductor of the cable (going to
positive side of the key plug...that goes to the key jack on the
Omni VI).

Just plug the male db25 connector into your printer port (lpt1)
and the other into the key jack on your Omni VI. I use Log-EQF
for logging and it is programmed to use this cable to send
cw by pressing alt-K. Also, the NA contest program uses this
cable for pc cw contesting.

Good luck,

73 John K7FD