[TenTec] Corsair Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair Problem
From: mike.hawk@hopewell.net (michael hawk)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:37:02 -0500
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I've been having with my
Corsair II. As I'm listening around on the bands it will suddenly pop and
crackle and the sound will go completely out. The S meter still moves in
response to signals but there is no audio. No amount of messing with any of
the controls does anything save the AF gain and AGC switch which may
produce the smallest amount of static. The only way to restore the sound is
to turn the rig completely off and then back on. This usually produces the
pops and crackles again but then it settles down and works fine but usually
only for a few minutes. It's quikly becoming worse. Can anyone give me an
idea on what's going on before I call TT? Tnx in advance  Michael N8IWG
p.s. I know what some of you are thinking but no I don't eat cereal around
my equipment.