[TenTec] Computer Motherboard Clock Setting Question???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Computer Motherboard Clock Setting Question???
From: n2ka@juno.com (Arthur R Bernstein)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 00:15:34 EST
OK, OK I know this is for TenTec stuff, but I am an OMNI VI owner and am
trying to rebuild a computer that I hope will be part of my Modern
Station!!
Here goes:
JUst purchased a new motherboard--it's a TX Pro II Socket 7  Series.
Along with the board I purchased an AMD K6-2 300 MHZ CPU. Here's the
question for all you computer whiz types from a computer fizz type:
I understand that this CPU is capable of running on a 100 MHZ bus board.
This board is not a 100 Mhz type. On it are jumper settings for 50, 55,
60, 66, 75 and 83.3 Mhz CPU External Clock Selectors (BUS SPEEDS???) In
the manual there's another table titled "CPU INTERNAL CLOCK SPEED
SELECTORS" in which there several jumper settings shown: 1.5 X /3.5X,
2.0X, 2.5X, 3.0X, 4.0X, 4.5X, 5.0X and 5.5X. Below the table the
following is printed: "NOTE: THE CPU SPEED IS EQUAL TO CPU EXTERNAL CLOCK
  X   CPU INTERNAL CLOCK SPEED."
It would seem to me that the 300 Mhz CPU = 75 MHZ CPU External Clock
Selector  X
4.0 CPU INTERNAL CLOCK SPEED  Selector.
I was told to use 66 Mhz and multiply  X  4.5 =297, as 75 Mhz might cause
the computer to hang up.

What's the story with all this??
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to running at different external
clock speeds?
HOW SHOULD I SET THIS UP??
Haven't as yet put in case or fired it up.
Also why the dual setting of 1.5/3.5? Does this relate to this AMD chip??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for  taking up TenTec B/W-but it is loosely related-isn't  it????
Thanks in advance.
73,
Art, N2KA..

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]