[TenTec] UPS and the dreaded damaged package

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] UPS and the dreaded damaged package
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:44:42 -0600
>I had a new experience with UPS just yesterday. My Omni VI was
returned from
>Ten-Tec and the driver knocked on the door and told me he had a
box for me
>in the truck. I had to go out and carry it to the house. No big
deal, I
>suppose, but this isn't what I'm accustomed to from UPS.

Maybe not, Jim, but you know for sure that the trip from the
truck to your shack was a safe and caring one.

My local UPS guy has left my Omni sitting on the front porch for
all from the street to see...When I drove in to the driveway my
heart was in my throat when I saw it sitting there...(I don't
live in the world's best neighborhood)...He now puts the big
stuff in my backyard...the small stuff he leaves in a corner of
the porch where it's not visible from the street. .

Also, over the vast span of years and shipments from Sevierville,
Seattle, Long Beach, Dallas, New Castle, Los Angeles, etc., I
have never had a piece of equipment arrive at the house damaged.
I guess I live a charmed life....knock on wood....

73,
dale, kg5u
kg5u@hal-pc.org
www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u