[TenTec] Nye vs TT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Nye vs TT
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:55:42 -0500
The Nye is better built, twice as expensive and no doubt will handle more
power but, it's huge, has a more limited impedance match range and not
nearly as pretty as the 238. If you find someone willing to trade, he will
come out on top by about $150.

Oh yes, and the 238 has 4 antenna inputs where the Nye has fewer I believe.
If I were you, I'de sell the Nye on rec.radio.swap and buy the 238 either
used or new. I think new ones go for about $375. Used for maybe half
that????

After having both tuners, I like the TenTec better. If I ran 5kw, I might
feel differently.

Steve N4LQ