[TenTec] Phone versus CW Use

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Phone versus CW Use
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 12:17:12 -0800
Well, from a dedicated CW and Phone (and Ten Tec) user -

You COULD spend double your money and get the FT 1000D,
and I think it is a somewhat nicer rig for SSB, the audio
coming from the speaker and from the rig itself are smoother
and broader, the slope tuning is better made for SSB (but
not as steep skirts as the PBT....), stuff like that.
However, the OMNI VI is not far behind in most respects
and blows their doors in for CW selectivity and other
features (in my humble opinion).

I really enjoy my Kenmore TS 850 for casual operation, and it
works pretty well in heavy conditions, but the OMNI is the
big gun in my shack.

Clark
WA3JPG