[TenTec] TenTec or the Road

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec or the Road
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:38:41 -0500 (EST)

Hey. If you guys keep this talk up, tentec will read it and find out that
they have been giving excessive service and maybe stop giving away all
those free parts! I still remember back in 1981 when the swr meter on my
509 Argonut went ape. The factory sent me a diode at no charge. That Argo
was at least 3 years old at the time.

One factor is what it cost them to process a VISA charge. It may be
cheaper to send off a free part than to pay VISA their fee to process a
transaction.

N4LQ Steve

> upgraded.  To get a company to even talk about a ten year old product, let
> alone be helpful is out of the 'norm' today.  It is difficult to find
> product support in America today-- and across the pond, it is still
> virtually unheard of!!!!!      I have dealt with the non-US manufacturers
> regarding problems on their products and have had the fortunate experience

Steve Ellington N4LQ
N4LQ@IGLOU.COM