[TenTec] WTB #229 TUNER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB #229 TUNER
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 06:58:28 -0500
At 11:46 PM 12/22/98 EST, you wrote:

>I have an OMNI D and I noted that the #229 TUNER matches the rig. I may be
>very interested in purchasing one for my station. For those that have one but
>don't care to part with it I would appreciate your comments on its
>performance.  Thanks...Alan KB7MBI

Alan,

        I got 4 of em,Ain't partin with em,Love each one of em, run power thru
all
of em! I have been very lucky in finding 3 of the #229(or their model
number equivalant) in the past couple years. My original(a true #229) has
served me faithfully for 18 years with only a broken indicator string(major
weak link on a otherwise great product), and a smoked small capacitor(very
easy to replace from radio shack and install), after very hard use.
There are used ones floating around at hamfests or here on the list. Good
luck in your search.

Merry Christmas!!

Chris KB3A