[TenTec] Re: CW, Antennas

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: CW, Antennas
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 16:31:20 -0700
At 17:20 25-12-98 EST, WB5JNC wrote:

>2. Is anyone out there with a good antenna program willing to analyze
>some ideas of mine?
  snip
> I have mentally sketched out a theoretical v-beam type array
>but would like to find out what a computer analysis of it would say.

  Hello Al,

  There is excellent antenna modeling software that you can download free on
the web.  It is NOT crippled in it's modeling performance, but the
unlicensed copy cannot recall projects that you have saved.  It comes with a
number of default antenna files that you CAN recall and modify slightly to
fit your situation.
  It's available here:

http://www.cam.org/~mboukri/n4wpage.html

Both a Win3.1 and Win95 version are now available.  It's been a great help
to me when designing antennas to use when I operate contests from a hill in
the National Forest in Wyoming.  I'm sure you will find it very useful.
Print out the help screens as it is not exactly simple to use, like all the
modeling programs.

  I have no connection to the program author, just a happy user.

73  --  Glenn
"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

     AEØQ / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/