[TenTec] Paragon I evaluation?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon I evaluation?
From: rmccabe@dwx.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 12:11:18 -0600

Hello Clark,

I can not give you any first hand experience on direct comparisons. I have
owned two Paragons, the last having the Giehl chip Bob mentioned. From a
reliability standpoint I have had no problems.

I mentioned your E Mail to my friend Brian who has owned an Omni D, Omni V.
OmniVI and now the plus.

His comment was that the Paragon was almost the same as the Omni V but not
quite as good. (He says it is just a different sound). Of course the Omni 6
is a little better and the 6 plus is the top dog.

He also owns a 1000MP and says that he feels the Paragon is still the
premier Gen coverage transceiver. "simplicity by design"

He told me to tell you that since you already know what a Omni V is capable
of, you would not be disappointed in  the Paragon.

I really don't know all the differences between the Paragon 1 and 2. I would
be curious to know from the TT fans here on the reflector. Seems to be a
little known subject.

73,

Rich