[TenTec] dead paragon is ALIVE agn!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dead paragon is ALIVE agn!
From: wbcapps@mindspring.com (Bill Capps)
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 00:18:10 -0800
At 10:13 PM 1/6/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Let's start with some observations.
>
>Does the S-meter appear to respond to anything such as static or signals? If
>so, try some headphones in case it's just a dirty headphone jack. Let's go
>from here.
>
>Steve
>
>hello steve!!
        good news, the paragon is working again. man i was worried, i was having
withdrawals watching DALLAS tonight on tv. i read your e-mail, and decided
to go through it all over the rig again. i checked connections, i tried
different headphones, i checked speaker/power supply wires, i even
depressed the reset button. no results from these actions. i double checked
the attenuator it was off and all the various controls, and bam i found the
problem. It seems my SQUELCH has a hair trigger. it the wide open positon,
it is turned counter clock wise, with the pointer in the 7 oclock position.
i found the pointer in the 8 oclock postion, and it completely wiped out
all the incoming audio.by simply turning it counter clockwise maybe 15
degrees it opened up the audio. i'm back in business again, YEA!
        i would never have thought such a small adjustment of squelch would kill
the audio from the receiver.
        many thanks steve, hope to work you one day!
Bill Capps
kf4sxg
auburn, alabama
fists#4101