[TenTec] FS: Omni-D; question on 30M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Omni-D; question on 30M
From: agulseth@juno.com (Al Gulseth)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:21:41 EST
1. For sale: Omni D model 546 (the "original" one with the squelch
control). About a 7 on appearance scale; a few scratches on the front
panel & trim and cover, but the unit is clean and the lettering is still
all there. Probably needs the infamous PTO overhaul but otherwise seems
to be fully functional. Unit has been in "casual" intermittent use at
this QTH for about the last 2.5 years with no known problems. Includes
photocopy manual. Asking $300 + S&H. For further info, reply to
agulseth@juno.com or land-line 501-632-8817 (best between 6PM & 10PM
CST).

2. I have noticed some 2-way sounding traffic in the vicinity of 30M on
several occasions (even on top of WWV at 10.000 MHz and I thought once I
heard something around 10.143). It almost sounds like "11 meters" (CB)
but in Spanish (?). Is this part of the spectrum allocated for that type
of operation elsewhere in the world or does anyone know what I am
hearing?

TNX/73,
Al Gulseth WB5JNC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]