[TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Alternate PS for Omni VI?
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:38:24 EST
Casey,

I have used a perfectly fine Astron 35 PS for my Omni 6 for some time, but
found a very occasional little glitch in the processor while using it.  It was
always cured by restarting the Omni 6--perhaps once a master re-set.  Most of
this involved strange things happening while in computer control in contesting
programs, logging programs, etc.  I picked up a used 961, and have never had
that problem since!  I was using the remote "circuit breaker" option (not sure
what it's numbered by Tentec) as I had one from my Omni 5 days when I took the
rig on a DXpedition.   I'd say 95% of the time any good regulated supply would
be fine, but when you add in the neatness of a matching cabinet, the speaker,
the easy access extra 12 volt RCA type sources, it seems worthwhile!
(especially if you can find a used one in good shape).  As an aside, the "fix
up as new" front parts are very reasonable from Tentec and all (even the
speaker grille) are easy to replace.

73
John, N0IJ