[TenTec] Frozen VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Frozen VI+
From: andrenr@ul.com (RICHARD ANDREN)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 99 6:43:40 CST
Could my radio have been stone frozen?  My wife received our VI+ back from
TT service yesterday at 11:00am.  She didn't open the box.  I opened it
when I got home from work at 7:00pm, plugged it in, and it drifted
something terrible!  USB seemed ok, but LSB, CW, and FSK drifted on all
bands.  This went on for two hours.  After that, it seemed very stable.  I
checked it this morning before leaving for work, and it's still stable
after being turned off all night.  Could it have been so frozen and
insulated in the shipping box that it took over 8 hours to warm up?  The
local temp here is 20F which really isn't very cold.  Anyone else
experience this?

73, Rick N9THC