[TenTec] RE: Field Strength meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Field Strength meter
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:35:59 -0500
OK folks, I opened up my comercially manufactured
(Audiovox CBM-1) field strength meter, and this is
what's inside. Kinda simple- wish I had built mine now!
Sorry I don't know the capacitor color code- the ARRL
handbook crosses the color code over to116uF at
100 volts, but we all know there's no such thing as a
116uF capacitor! First red is X100, second green is 16,
third red is 100 volts. Or would this be 1600uF?
(100 times 16?) I know the resistor code quite well, but
the capacitor codes always trip me up! One thing that
gets me about this design is that the anode of the diode
points to ground. Is this proper? If anyone has a frequency
selective passive FSM design, please forward the info
to me- I'd like to build one of those....

73 all, -Web in Myrtle Beach, SC

                                          |-|.01uF|-| ceramic disk
capacitor across meter
GROUND WIRE---------| METER |-------------