[TenTec] I'm keeping my scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I'm keeping my scout
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:30:43 -0500
In the last few months I have been debating on whether or not to sell my
Scout.  I purchased it new from Ten Tec in May of last year and it has
been packed in the original boxes after my move last October.  It
probably had no more than a few hours time on it since I have several
radios I normally use.  This long holiday weekend found us in the middle
of a storm and electrical power was out for extended periods.  So I
unpacked the scout and hooked it up to the tractor battery and used a
ten meter whip I bought from Ten Tec when they were clearing them out.
I worked a lot of stations and listened to many more.  Did some CW for
the practice and talked to some nice people.  They couldnt believe I was
using 50 watts!  Had a lot of fun throughout the weekend on a car
battery and again apreciated the simplicity and fun of a scout.  So I'm
keeping it!  In fact I'm going to put it in my truck and get a nice
antenna and operate mobile with it.  I've never done that and its about
time to do something different.  So whats a good multi band mobile
antenna?

If any of the rest of you are thinking of selling your scout drop me a
line and I'll help you change your mind.

--
Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word
"Tics"
           meaning "blood sucking parasites"