[TenTec] MFJ

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] MFJ
From: aslusher@erols.com (Alan Slusher)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:13:55 -0500
Guess we all get a product or service that is less than perfect from time to
time.  After all, we're only too human, whether as individuals or as part of
a company (any company).  I bought a 4-position MFJ coax switch some years
ago, just after I bought a 2-position switch, and they both literally fell
apart (the inside contacts all came loose) after a few months of not
particularly heavy use.  Can't blame MFJ too loudly: I never filed a
complaint - too far away at the time.

On the other hand, the 945C tuner is more than ten years old, and is in
daily use - no problems.  I have the same dependable operation from my 969
tuner.  The 407C keyer is the shack mainstay while the 422B combo gets a
workout on the road every so often with the 971 QRP tuner and with either
the 9020 or the OHR-400 (I use both with the little 281cleartone spkr: now
that is value for money!).  My (upgraded) 784 filter has never failed to
cover an unwanted beat.

I am very happy that MFJ is out there with a growing list of products.

Alan W3/ V31FA
Rockville, MD