[TenTec] RF Amp on Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF Amp on Omni
From: N4LQ@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 21:53:33 -0500
Question about L-1 on the RF amplifier of any Omni A thru D or Triton IV or
even Corsair for that manner:

The Resonate knob adjust L1 and L2 up and down. No information is given on
how to adjust L1 and I suspect this one is off. Please look at the screw on
L1, the leftmost coil from the front, and tell me how much thread is
showing. Mine is perfectly even with the frame.

Also a hot tip:

Does your Resonate control tend to slide down? Here's the cure.
Loosen the two front screws on the front of the top frame. These are
directly in front of L1 and L2, easily visible by removing the top cover of
the rig. Note that the screw holes are slotted. Jam a screwdriver between
the aluminum coil mount frame and the plastic slider and put just a tad of
tension on it. Now tighten the screws and see how the knob feels. If the top
plate tends to twist, you got the screws too tight.

Another thing that may help the feel of this knob is to put a couple of
washers behind the C clip that retains the shaft. There is a lot of slop
here.

Steve N4LQ