[TenTec] Delta II interface info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II interface info
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:33:34 -0600

>I am looking for information on how to make the Delta II talk to
>computer.  According to the Delta II manual, this info was
included in the
>manual for the Model 305 level converter.

Hi, Steve.  I have a Delta II and have used it in contests
connected to the computer.

First.  The serial port in the Delta II is a two wire connection
(miniature phone plug (1/8", mono, type)).  The Model 305 level
converter is replicated in recent (>1994) ARRL Handbooks for
Radio Amateurs.  The Handbook version is virtually identical to
the 305, except the 305 has five parallel outputs to feed up to
five radios.

Second.  The Delta II has a receiver address code of 64.  The
computer software you may be using may ask for that.  You can
check it by pressing F, <MODE.  You will see displayed EC.006.4
This is your receiver address code (64).

Third.  I don't know if it is endemic to the Delta II and
computer connectivity, but I have a problem with mine that
renders it useless as my Radio2 during contests.  It drops the
first bits of the first character when keyed.   My CQ's were
nothing but garbles to the point where stations could not even
tell who I was--the Delta's CW sidetone, however, was perfect. I
never could get it resolved.  People have suggested all sorts of
things and nothing's worked (using a relay to key the radio,
re-setting some parameters of the timing in TRLog, etc.).  If I
pull the RS232 serial plug on the Delta, the keying is perfect.
Plug it back in and it's trash.

Don't know anything about the mobile mount.  Sorry.

73,
dale, kg5u