[TenTec] Centurion amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion amp
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 17:33:16 -0500
At 12:45 AM 1/31/99 -0500, you wrote:
>      Positive or negative?     George

Hi George & the group

        I have had my Centurion for about a year now with flawless results. It
has
been a great work horse, easy to tune, Metering is easy to read, runs very
quiet(unlike it's little brother). The QSK is first rate, as a matter of
fact, when you have headphones on,if you did watch the wonderful display of
the LED Peak meter flashing away, you would not even know you had the amp
on. I find it to be the perfect addition to any rig, but even more so with
an Omni VI. Hookup with the Omni is almost no brainer. The only thing
better for the money would be a Titan II. Great pileup buster and contest
amp and 3-500Z tubes are relatively inexpensive and still manufactured, so
no obsolesents. I am sure there are others that could give you a more
technical run down, but I believe it is one of the best products TenTec makes.

73, Chris KB3A