[TenTec] 12V OPS C-21

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 12V OPS C-21
From: w4au@contesting.com (John Unger)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 12:50:37 -0500
Hi Alan -

I'm doing this from memory since I have sold the Century 21 that I had.

I'm pretty sure that you are stuck with running that rig with 120 AC. As I
recall, the final PA transistors need 18 or 24 volts, or at least something
higher than 12 volts. I guess you could rig up something with 2-12 volt
batteries and and build a separate DC supply to for the PA voltage, 12
volts, and the 5-volt logic stuff.

The reason I sold my Century 21 and got an Argosy was just that reason - I
wanted to be able to run the rig on 12 volts.

73 - John, W4AU

At 09:56 AM 2/5/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I noted a recent ad that stated the C-21 ran on either 12v or 120vac.I have
>scoured my manual and there is not information regarding 12v ops. Was there a
>later version that allowed for 12v ops? Is it simple to convert?   Alan
KB7MBI