[TenTec] Omni D TVI problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D TVI problems
From: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk (patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:00:10 -0000 (GMT)
I may have partly answered this in my response to Jason.
Your neighbor plainly has a problem - and its not you. A half decent
antenna should fix his situation, but it might be tactically necessary
to fix your own TVI first. I guess its most likely direct pick up on
the outer braid of the TV antenna cable. A "braid breaking" filter
should help.

But I hate those TV antenna booster amplifiers. They have minimal
selectivity and minimal resistance to overload. You might need to
also trap the input lead to the thing as well as the downlead to the
TV itself.

Better still, recycle the amplifier to the nearest auto wrecking
yard..

John G3JAG

E-Mail: patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk