[TenTec] Inrad 2.8K

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad 2.8K
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:29:18 -0500

--------------4E0F863CBF7207C81C6537BB

WHY don't you call George at INRAD and ask him for the technical
information you need??? He was more than willing to answer all my
questions on his filters and faxed me all the technical info I needed.
He's a nice guy, a brilliant engineer and theorist and has an excellent
product.   My Omni has all INRAD filters and they are a qauntum leap over
the factory filters in my opinion and in some before/after tests with a
friends Omni on the same antenna & coax.  Any measurement you make still
comes down to "Ya can't work em if ya cant hear em"  So you can do all the
specing and testing you want and its still subjective.  If ya want the
factory filters buy em.  If ya want a distinct advantage in any contest
over all other radios with any filters (Except a Drake R4C with the
Sherwood mods, cause you'll never get better than that)  then spend a few
extra bucks and get the INRAD filters.  You'll never regret the decision
especially in a few years when the sunspot cycle begins its downturn.  So
call George, he doesn't bite and I'm sure he will be happy to supply you
with the information you need.

--
Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word "Tics"

           meaning "blood sucking parasites"

--------------4E0F863CBF7207C81C6537BB

<HTML>
WHY don't you call George at INRAD and ask him for the technical information
you need??? He was more than willing to answer all my questions on his
filters and faxed me all the technical info I needed.&nbsp; He's a nice
guy, a brilliant engineer and theorist and has an excellent product.&nbsp;&nbsp;
My Omni has all INRAD filters and they are a qauntum leap over the factory
filters in my opinion and in some before/after tests with a friends Omni
on the same antenna &amp; coax.&nbsp; Any measurement you make still comes
down to "Ya can't work em if ya cant hear em"&nbsp; So you can do all the
specing and testing you want and its still subjective.&nbsp; If ya want
the factory filters buy em.&nbsp; If ya want a distinct advantage in any
contest over all other radios with any filters (Except a Drake R4C with
the Sherwood mods, cause you'll never get better than that)&nbsp; then
spend a few extra bucks and get the INRAD filters.&nbsp; You'll never regret
the decision especially in a few years when the sunspot cycle begins its
downturn.&nbsp; So call George, he doesn't bite and I'm sure he will be
happy to supply you with the information you need.

<P>patents@dx0man.prestel.co.uk wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Its impossible to comment in depth when the INRAD
web site does not
<BR>give any specification for their TenTec filters. We need to know how
<BR>many poles, the -60dB bandwidth, (for the shape factor) and preferably
<BR>also the ultimate stopband. Its also essential to get some idea of
the
<BR>filter loss, especially for the narrow CW filters. Without this info,
<BR>there is no real reason to even consider fitting an INRAD filter
<BR>instead of the standard filters.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm";></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>--
<BR>Carl Hyde
<BR>carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
<BR>Desk:&nbsp; (609) 866-6386
<BR>Fax:&nbsp;&nbsp; (609) 866-6414

<P>POLITICS:&nbsp; From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the
word "Tics"
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; meaning
"blood sucking parasites"
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------4E0F863CBF7207C81C6537BB--