[TenTec] Radio Era Archives QST CD Roms

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Radio Era Archives QST CD Roms
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:09:00 -0800
Walt;

I agree.

When I invite non-hams to see and experience my "fine Totally Ten Tec
station" I hide the HT (which I've probably only used a dozen times
since I got it in 1980), and I demonstrate 160 - 6 meters CW and SSB.  I
don't presently have anything for the UHF and micros to show them, but
non-FM signals are few and far between up there.  When I Elmer new
people into the ham ranks I try to not even mention the "clueless tech"
license because from what I've seen it becomes a dead end street for the
majority of holders, once achieved (very easy, and not much of an
achievement), the holder gets bored, is too lazy to upgrade and becomes
a "ham drop out".  And it's also a waste of a lot of good call signs!

It should have been a two year nonrenewable license, but then
"intelligent" people are not allowed to make policy or regulatory
decisions in this or any other country.

Reid, K7YX