[TenTec] Notes on the 526 6m/2m transceiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Notes on the 526 6m/2m transceiver
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:34:59 -0500

Hello to the Ten-Tec reflector,

I've been watching all the discussion on the yet-to-be-announced-or-
available model 526 IF-DSP VHF all mode transceiver coming from
Ten-Tec.  We've also had a few phone calls over the last couple of
days as well.

The 526 was mentioned on the ARRL "Members Only" web site section
earlier this week.  We had told the League earlier that we were going
to have this product available for show at Dayton and if they wanted
a news item that we would have no objection to them discussing
it publicly.

This is some prelimiary spec information.  None of these are final,
and anything not listed below is either not final, or we prefer
not to release at this time:

The 526 will be amateur radio's first IF-DSP VHF all mode transceiver.

- 6 meters and 2 meters
- 20 watts output power per band.  Variable to less than 1 watt via
  front panel control.
- Separate SO-239 output connectors for each band
- CW/USB/LSB/FM operation (no AM coverage)
- Filtering is DSP based.  Approx. 30 filters selectable.  250 Hz-1000
  Hz in 50 Hz steps, 1000-2800 Hz in 100 Hz steps.
- Memories: to be determined.  In the 100 range.
- Standard FM repeater spilts auto selectable by band.  Odd split
  programmable.
- Low level transverter drive output from 144 MHz
- Dimensions: 2.75"x8.5"x8.75" HWD
- Target sale price is $695

We will have the radio on display at Dayton.  Projected availability
(assuming no unforseen delays due to type acceptance or part
procurement issues) is June 1999.  We are not taking orders or
offering this unit for sale at this time.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (423) 428-0364 or (423) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.